Live Today, like there is no Tomorrow...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Unique

Okay so I know that I already posted once today, but I'm bored and obsessed with blogging and mostly reading other peoples blogs! It is so much fun and I have discovered that I really don't give the world in general enough credit...
Anyways so I have a question: How do we each figure out who we are? How are we supposed to find ourselves as individuals and not blend into the group? 
I feel like I am an individual, I participate in activities because I enjoy them. I have my own style-ish. I try to be just me, not someone else. But I have this problem. I fail at being me because I find that I like what someone else has done so much MORE! 
Not that I am unhappy with who I am, but there are times when I just look at what other people are wearing or how they are acting and I think,
"Hey that looks so cute... why am I not doing it that way?"
So what is the solution? How do I be me (the unique one of a kind version) while still being happy with that version even if it isn't quite as good as, or the same as someone else?
. . . . . 
I guess the only thing I can think of is having a bit of confidence. I can change and adapt based on what I see around me, but that doesn't mean I should discredit the ME that existed before. Sure I can glean tips from other girls who maybe are cuter or a bit more put together. But if I continue to be happy with who I am and to put in the amount of effort that makes me happy with myself then who knows... maybe there is another girl out there who is taking tips from me.
One thing I am going to try to change is putting myself out there more. 
I have a tendency to be lazy. I think yeah I am happy, that doesn't mean I need to smile and laugh all the time. But I have noticed a difference. I used to try harder to show it and you know what...
HAPPINESS IS A HABIT.
Not that I am unhappy now, but I feel like I was happier at a different level before. So I'll try this out and we'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment