Live Today, like there is no Tomorrow...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Clothes!

Since coming to school I have come to a stark realization.. I have a LOT of clothing. Now before you judge me too harshly let me explain why. Around the time I was in 5th grade my parents divorced and I began to live at two houses. Originally we switched halfway through the week but then we decided to start switching just once a week. Now since the bulk of people haven't experienced this you probably wouldn't understand that life becomes a lot more complicated when you aren't always living in the same house. So my parents in order to make the transition easier realized I needed to have a pretty full set of clothing in both houses. I still would bring a few things but who really wants to pack a suitcase all the time. 

So now that I have come to school my two wardrobes are combined into one and even though I have tried to get rid of a lot of stuff my closet still is ridiculously full. SO.. I have decided to experiment.. I have decided to see how long I can go without duplicating my shirts. So here are the rules. 

1. I must never wear the same shirt until I have worn every shirt I own at least once.
2. I can duplicate accessories such as vests, scarves, and jeans can be worn more than once.
3. I must also go through my dresses, although since I don't own as many of those that will end much sooner.
4. I also should try to rotate my sweaters more. Not necessarily everyday, but mix it up a bit.
5. If there is any article of clothing that I dislike enough to refuse to wear it, or when putting it on I decide it looks absolutely wretched I must throw it out or donate it. If I don't wear it in the rotation I know I never will. 
6. I will take a picture everyday and put it on here (probably not everyday but I will eventually get them all up)

So here we go. I started this all off by going through my clothing today and getting rid of everything I know I won't wear. So wish me luck! 


PJs and such are also in the dresser...


No comments:

Post a Comment