Okay so I'm not one to put up sad or complaining posts because well who really wants to read sad things. But this is me kind of complaining and I'd like to apologize right off.
I am really happy to be home! being able to see me family has been great and spending time with my friends has been absolutely wonderful! But I am really sick of one thing about being here... I am sick of being alone.
I don't know if it is the stark contrast from having 5 roommates to being the only child at home and the other two people living there are at work till late all the time and have just ditched you and gone to mexico or what, but I seriously feel lonely. Its weird because I've always kind of been a "I'd rather chill by myself for a bit" kind of girl, but now I just want to be around people. I'm actually excited to start work just so I spend time talking with people. Lately my days consist of hours of piano, reading, cleaning a bit, getting ready, then spending the night alone watching movies. Its not that I don't want to go out or that I'm not trying, but I just don't know very many people here to hang out with. I know its pathetic and I need to be trying harder, but sometimes I just wish it wasn't so hard. I miss having a group of friends to hang out with that I would go and do stuff with, fun stuff.
I think it is also hard being home because I miss my boys. I'm not looking for love or romance, but there is just something about hanging out with boys that is fun! Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my girls but it would be nice to have a bit of variety. Currently all my male type friends that I was really close to are out in the mission field. I am SO proud of them. I've just found myself really missing them these past two weeks...
Okay enough complaining. I know it will get better! I know the summer is just starting and that it will be so fun! I just need to change my attitude. (that will fix things right..?)
AMEN to this post chloe. I miss rexburg so much cause there is always people to play with. You can choose to never be alone. ROAD TRIP?!
ReplyDeleteoh I so agree that would be fun!!
ReplyDelete